Come construct your mouse trap racer (basic parts provided) during Thursdays make-meetup and race it to fame and glory!
DHMN will provide 12 identical kits consisting of:
- 1 mouse trap
- 4 wheels (2″ fiberboard circles with 1/4″ center hole)
- 2 axles (1/4″ wooden dowel)
- 4 eyelets to mount axles to mouse trap
- hot glue to weld the wheels to the axles
- polyester thread to convey the power from the closing mouse trap to the axle
You are free(encouraged!) to bring additional parts to modify your design and at your option, share your additional parts so that others may improve their own designs. Design iIdeas: improved traction, friction, leverage, etc…
- The provided mouse trap is the sole source of locomotion. (no motors, compressed air, bottle-rockets, etc)
- The design, build, and race must be able to happen at Harmony Cafe without disturbing patrons (example: no noxious fumes: solder, epoxy, etc) or or causing any damage to the room/floor/tables/chairs etc.
- Design and build will take place from 6pm-9pm, race to begin at 9pm (or earlier if everyone agrees)
Thursday December 15th during the 6pm-10pm Hack/Make session at Harmony Cafe (3rd floor) in Appleton.